Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cube Partitions

I deleted default partition that is created while cube processing. and after that I have created 2 new partitions for different date ranges. even after processing i am unable to see any data in the cube. I am following right process of using partitions? Please let me know how i can get data?

Thanks in adv

Everything you've done sounds fine - so it should work. Can you check how you specified the data ranges for the partitions ? During processing, how many rows do you see being read into the partitions ? How did you check that the cube is empty ? Perhaps you were looking at different slice ?|||

If you are doing partitions with a query you can paste the TSQL into Managament Studios query window and see what the query returns.

HTH

Thomas Ivarsson

|||

So, deleting default partition doesnt hamper it right..let me check with query and get back to you.

thanks for the replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment