Sunday, February 19, 2012

ctrl + alt + some key

I accidently pressed some combination of keys and my sql query analyzer has stopped recognising keywords,comments etc.

Has anybody faced this problem ...

have reset all the options availible in QA ... no results ...
tried restarting the comp ... no results ...

any ideas ?here is a screen shot|||did you look at all the QA keyboard shortcuts in BOL?

e.g. Parse the query and check syntax. CTRL+F5|||haha ... knew someone would say that ...
another response i am expecting is someone saying I am colorblind ... or even more than that "I am blind man"|||There can be only one.

Check the Fonts tab in the Options dialog box.|||Are you color blind?? ;)|||Originally posted by blindman Check the Fonts tab in the Options dialog box.

Exactly, seems you have cleared foreground colors for category 'Editor'.|||Pay attention to my first post
--------------------
have reset all the options availible in QA ... no results ...
--------------------

That includes the font tab ...

I would not have posted it here had it been that ... it was the first thing i checked :)|||Forgive us, but you know it is often the obvious that is overlooked!

I couldn't find any documentation about this either. What if, instead of clicking the Reset button on the Options/Font tab, you manually change the comment color?|||The query analyzer shows some sign of activity .. but no color changes ... :(|||Maybe you have to wait until the fall?

OK. Pretty lame.

Do you use the object browser much? I cna not seem to get my colors to go away without messing with the options/fonts tab, myself.|||"shows some sign of activity"?|||Ya .. maybe it was an easter egg for DBA's ...

reinstalled client tools .. problem solved :)|||hey, i like that load/save feature in options, you can even use it as a template for more than 1 pc, or for situations like yours ;)|||I too have my SQC file ... comes in very handy ... coz I have to work on a lot of servers ...

If you wanna see it ... here it is ... just rename it to .SQC

OK .. OK .. I know no one is gonna work on my config settings .. everyone has his own ... but I am uploading it so that I can always download it whenever I am working out of town and do not have my laptop around (which happens quite frequently though)|||Originally posted by Enigma
OK .. OK .. I know no one is gonna work on my config settings .. everyone has his own ... but I am uploading it so that I can always download it whenever I am working out of town and do not have my laptop around (which happens quite frequently though) Cheat. Get one of those little keyring USB RAMDisk doo-dads and carry the critical files on one of those. Stick the RAMDisk into a USB port, and you are in business!

My cell phone uses SD RAM, so I carry a JumpDrive Trio (http://www.lexarmedia.com/jumpdrive/index.html) which does about the same thing. It also allows me to load MS-Excel and MS-Word files to my cell phone easily, so I can read them on the road.

-PatP

No comments:

Post a Comment