Friday, February 24, 2012

Cube back up

dear all
i have a list of 7 cubes on the production server and i intend to bring the back up of 1 cube to my local system(w/o data,just the structure).I took the xmla file by scripting that respective cube and brought that xmla file to my local system. tell me wat i need to do to restore this xmla file to get the structure of my cube

Cheers
sid

If you just need the structure I would suggest scripting the whole database and then running the script on your local server and deleting any cubes that you don't need. This is because you need to have a database to script the cube into and you need to bring the dsv, data sources and database dimensions along so that the cube will work.

I've been playing with a Powershell script to generate the xmla script for a single cube and all the dependant objects, but it's not quite finished. For the time being I would say to go with scripting the whole database and deleting what you don't need later.

No comments:

Post a Comment