Saturday, February 25, 2012

cube limit

Hi all,

I am new to SSAS with SQL2005SP2. Currently, I have a fact table with almost 10 million records. In this table, I have at least 27 fields which store monthly data for the past 27 months along with some other fields. At first, I plan to make those 27 fields to one field and add another field like period to capture the year and month information so I can link to my time dimension table. Of course, this makes the new table with 270 million record counts. It took forever to process the cube. If I add more dimenstions into this cube, I got an error msg saying it exceed the limits. I am trying to find out the limit but did not get anywhere. Does anyone know the max dimensions is allowed in a cube or the max intersection can be created for a cube?

wenchi

did you patrition your cube?

what exactly error message you have got?

how many dimensions (attribute hierarchies) has the cube?

|||

I think the theoretical limit is 2 billion attributes in a cube. If you could answer Vladimir's questions we might be able to help identify your issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment