Friday, February 24, 2012

Cube Browser

Hi all,
I created a cube in analysis services project in a computer where sql server 2005 is not installed there, when I try to click on Browser tab in the cube, the following error occurs:
TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio
A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. (System)
An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (System)

Anyone have any idea on how to solve it? Thanks in advance.
Daren

Did you deploy your cube? Did you process it?

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

|||Hi Edward,
I tried to deploy it to my server using the ip address, the same connection error came up.
Daren
|||

This could be permission issue.

Check if you have Admin rights to Analysis Server.

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

|||Hi Edward,
Thanks for helping out. But where do I check the rights to Analysis Server? I tried browsing through the properties of the user, could not find anything about Analysis Server.
Daren
|||

Daren.

First, please make sure you install Analysis Services on your machine.

After you installed it, you should be able to deploy your project to Analysis Server.

I strongly recommend you try and work you way through tutorial for Analysis Services. Looks like you are missing very basic knowledge.

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

|||Hi Edward,
To make the picture clear, I already have analysis services installed and go through the tutorial provided in BOL, and I managed to get it to work fine in another computer (which I installed sql server with analysis services in it as well for testing purpose). Then I redo the same steps on the another computer (installed with the same settings), the only difference on both computer are testing pc is windows 2000 with latest sp installed, the other one (that I have problem browsing the data) is using windows server 2003. I have no idea how to go about from there, that's why I posted my question here.
Daren
|||

Are you an Admin on Win2003 machine?

Can you connect to Analysis Services using SQL Management Studio? Can you see your database ?

The project you develop in BI Dev Studio needs to be deployed. Only after you deploy the project to Analysis Server, you will be able to browse your cube.

After you deployed your cube, you can navigate to it in SQL Management studio and browse it from there.

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment