Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cube drill-through problem

Hello everyone,
I am building a cube that contains a single date dimension. The problem
is, the business I am building this cube for has a fiscal year that starts
on November 1. When I create the date dimension, I am prompted for the
start date of the year. If I select the default value (Jan 1), everything
works fine. If I choose Nov 1 instead, then I get this error message when
I drill through the data:
Data source provider error: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'from';
42000.
I have gone through all the usual steps of saving, designing storage, and
reprocessing the cube, but it still does not work. I even deleted the cube
and created it from scratch. How can I make this work?
--== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==--
--
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 News
groups
--= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =
--Hello,
I learned the drill through failed with the following syntax error:
"Data source provider error: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'from';
42000."
Based on my research, this is a known issue of OLE DB for SQL Server
provider, If the start date of the year for a time dimension is not January
1st, Analysis Services uses a case statement to determine the year,
quarter, month, etc for each member of the dimension and fact table which
uses a date field. When Analysis Services builds the drill through query it
must also include the case statement as part of the query. The OLE DB for
SQL Server provider is not able to handle the complexity of the SQL
statement generated for the drill-through request. Please try to use ODBC
for SQL Server driver.
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards,
Michael Shao
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment