Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cube Name Changed After Processing (but I didn''t do anything)

Hello,

I have a cube that has been working fine for a while. Then I re-ran the SSIS to bring in refreshed data (which I've done many times before) and reprocessed the cube. I never changed the name of the cube or anything like that (at least on purpose).

Now when I open SSRS to run a report, it says that it cannot find the cube. I do have a Perspective in there, but I wasn't using it. Previously it had the cube's name Stage and the perspective's name Perspective. Now I see Perspective and Perspective 1.

Any idea what could have caused this and what I can do to change it back?

Thank you.

-Gumbatman

Hi,

Re-processing the cube will not rename the cube, something else should have happened.

To double check the cube name, open BI Development Studio -> File -> Open Analysis Services Database: this will connect to the database; open the cube editor and check (in the properties grid) what the cube name is. Or you can use SQL Management Studio and bring up the cube Properties dialog.

If the cube was renamed indeed from 'Stage' to 'Perspective 1', you can track what happened (who changed what) if you had the FlighRecorder tracing enabled (that logs all the commands sent to server, but usually it's not on for performance reasons).

Adrian

|||

Adrian,

I checked out the properties and the name of the cube is still "Stage".

When I open the cube Browser in BIDS I can chose either Stage or Perspective. However, when I want to build a new report in Reporting Serivces (sorry I forgot to mention that) I only get the choices of Perspective or Perspective 1.

In RS, it was always Stage or Perspective and after I did the processing it changed to Perspective or Perspective 1.

Any ideas of where I should look? I have no idea if I had the recorder thing on to trace this. It is only on my laptop for development.

Thank you for the help.

-Gumbatman

No comments:

Post a Comment