Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cube Navigation

Hi,

I have a small problem which I hope that someone can help me with.

I have got a fact table looking at website usage and this fact table is related to multiple dimensions. What I want to do Is to look for a particular page that a user has accessed and go 2 steps backwards using the time dimension to see what page was accesed at that time. I do not want to expand the whole page dimension and sort it by time, instead I want to display the name of the page that was accessed in relation to that specific event.

Does all of this make sense? I have been trying to create a recursive solution in MDX without much success.

I am thankful for any guidance that anyone can give me!

Regards

Stefan

Hello Stefan. What you are looking for is probably in one of the data mining algorithms that are part of SSAS2005. It can be the "MS Sequence Clustring". Post your question in the DM newsgroup.

HTH

Thomas Ivarsson

|||Hi Thomas,

thank you four your answer. But I am still wondering if there is no way of designing a recursive MDX solution for this problem.

What I have done so far is created a subcube with the users who have registered on the site.

What I want to is basically this:

Start at one point in time and move backwards until I find a certain page (congratulations you have registered) and then move two steps back in time and write out what page they looked at then. The result should have username on rows and page name on the columns

I want to design that as a measure so that I can reuse it for every user within that subcube.

My time dimension consists of hour - minute - seconds and my time hiearchy is divided in the same way. I am almost there, but I still have problems writing out the name of the actual page dimension when I find that point in time.

I hope that this make it a little bit clearer what I am trying to achieve.

Thank you for taking your time to help me!

Regards

Stefan

No comments:

Post a Comment