Saturday, February 25, 2012

cube measure only displays one total

I did something to my cube where it is only displaying a much smaller value for

the sales amount measure than it should.

I have a project with two dimensions and one measure.

After deploying the cube i browsed it and pulled the sales amount into the

details field area. normally i should end up with some 400 + million in dollars instead i get 90+ thousand. It seems as if the cube is not processing fully or the browser tab is somehow being filtered. I checked and there is nothing in the subcube or any other field.

Can someone direct me on how best to debug this?

thanks

I found the problem and thought I would share what I did.

I'm surprised it works this way maybe it is a bug. Perhaps the pros here could add some info to this.

here is what I did.

I have a field called "Rate" which is multiplied by the "Qty" to come up the "Sales Amount" measure. This is done in the DSV as a "Named Calculation" in the measures table.

This same table is also used as a dimension table. In here i considered the "Rate" field to be non-Aggregatable or (IsAggregatable = false). Since i would never add up the rates for a total.

Apparently SSAS does not like this and hence things got really messed up. Switching it back to (IsAggregatable = true) fixed everything.

Hopefully my hair will grow back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment