Friday, February 24, 2012

Cube action calling a stored procedure in AS2000

Hi,

I know a cube action can call a reporting services report thru an action,

I would like to know if it is posible to launch a stored procedure thru an action , if so what would be the best approach

Thank you

U

Yes, it should be possible. What do you want the sproc to do?

Chris

|||

I alredy have the stored procedure, The sproc will make an entry into a scheduler table for with its parameters to run at a later time,

Please let me know what needs to be done to implement this call

Thanks

U

|||

Just to be clear (I've only realised that you're talking about AS2K in this thread, and so not AS2005 sprocs) - you're talking about a SQL Server sproc here, aren't you?

What I would do is create a small ASP.Net app which kicks off this sproc, which you can pass parameters (like a member uniquename or something) to from through the url. You'd then create a url action in your cube to generate the appropriate url based on what the user clicked; after they'd done so they would see a web page open informing them that the entry in the scheduler table had been made successfully.

HTH,

Chris

|||

Not being an ASP.Net expert , is there anyplace where I can find code something similar to this being done

Thanks

U

No comments:

Post a Comment