Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cursor type changed?

Hi,
I just posted this on sqlserver.connect since I'm not sure where it belongs.
So here goes.
We've recently began migrating to SQL 2005 from SQL 7 and have had a few
issues.
Right now we have an issue when trying to logon to the server through our
application.
'sa' login works from our application but when we try to logon as a user we
get:
"[ODBC SQL Server Driver]Cursor type changed"
I have tried logging on through Query Analyzer and that works fine for all
users so it should not be a permission issue.
I've tried to search the web high and low without really finding a solution
or cause for this error. I've seen a few a reports of people having the
same- or similar problems but no solutions.
I'd be greatful for any tips you guys and girls might have.
Thanks in advance and have a great wend.
Regards,
Tony HolopainenThis message is informational, not an error. Perhaps the application code
is treating the message as an error simply because it's unexpected.
Are you using ADO or calling ODBC directly? Do the get this message during
login or when you run a query? I wouldn't expect this to be security
related unless different results are returned depending on the user logging
in.
Hope this helps.
Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP
"TonyH" <tony@.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:e8OWomAnGHA.4604@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I just posted this on sqlserver.connect since I'm not sure where it
> belongs. So here goes.
> We've recently began migrating to SQL 2005 from SQL 7 and have had a few
> issues.
> Right now we have an issue when trying to logon to the server through our
> application.
> 'sa' login works from our application but when we try to logon as a user
> we get:
> "[ODBC SQL Server Driver]Cursor type changed"
> I have tried logging on through Query Analyzer and that works fine for all
> users so it should not be a permission issue.
> I've tried to search the web high and low without really finding a
> solution or cause for this error. I've seen a few a reports of people
> having the same- or similar problems but no solutions.
> I'd be greatful for any tips you guys and girls might have.
> Thanks in advance and have a great wend.
> Regards,
> Tony Holopainen
>

No comments:

Post a Comment